Support for research data at Yale is a collaboration between units across the university including Yale University Library, Yale Center for Research Computing, Information Technology Services and the Poorvu Center for Teaching and Learning. Staff work with researchers at each stage of the data life cycle — whether you need to locate others’ data; use your own data; find a way to manage, store, and describe that data; analyze the data; or preserve and share it for future researchers.
- Yale Center for Research Computing
- Geographic Information Systems (Yale University Library)
- Center for Teaching & Learning
- Marx Science & Social Science Library (Yale University Library)
- Cushing/Whitney Medical Library
- Digital Humanities Lab (Yale University Library)
- StatLab (Yale University Library)
- Yale Research Data Center
The Yale Research Portal provides information about various services and tools available across the University for group and individual research projects.
Yale researchers may use the Data Management Planning Tool (DMPtool) to create, review, and share data management plans that are in accordance with institutional and funder requirements.
The Registry of Research Data Repositories provides a fast and easy way to determine if your data is appropriate for a repository.
If you want basic education on research data management but do not have the time for a workshop or consultation, on-demand data management best practices tutorials can be found online.
The Yale University Library maintains research data management guides filled with tools, resources, and helpful URLs for learning about specific aspects of RDM, including funding mandates, discipline-specific metadata standards, and how to write a data management plan.
- Research Data Management Resources
- Research Data Management for the Health Sciences
- NIH Public Access Policy Compliance
Many others come out of the United Kingdom and Europe, which have different funding contexts from the United States:
- Digital Humanities: Training materials from the University of Oxford
- Earth Sciences: Data Management Short Course for Scientists from the Earth Science Information Partners Commons
- Generic: Data Management Modules, Webinars, and Screencasts from DataONE
- Generic/Social Sciences: MANTRA Training from the University of Scotland